What is email marketing?
Email marketing sends commercial messages to potential and current customers through email. It’s a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail to communicate. The main advantages of email marketing are that it’s relatively inexpensive, fast, and easy to track results.
99% of people check their inbox daily, with some checking multiple times throughout the day, up to twenty times per day! 58% of consumers check their email first thing in the morning. (OptinMonster, 2020)
Email marketing can cultivate relationships with potential and current customers, grow your customer base, and increase sales. Regular communication keeps customers informed about your product or service, special offers, or company news.
“Email marketing makes money. For every dollar spent on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $36. That’s a higher return than you can expect from any other form of marketing.”
To get started with email marketing, you’ll need to build a list of subscribers. You can collect email addresses from your website, social media, or offline sources such as a QR code at your front desk.
What are the benefits of email marketing?
Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to engage customers and grow your business. By building a list of subscribers and sending out regular email newsletters, you can stay top of mind with your audience and drive traffic back to your website or blog.
Not only is email marketing effective, but it’s also relatively affordable and easy to set up. All you need is a list of subscribers and a way to send out your emails. Many email marketing platforms offer templates and tools to help you get started.
The benefits of email marketing are numerous, but here are a few of the most important:
- It’s an excellent way to build relationships with your customers.
- Email allows you to target a specific audience. You can segment your email list to send more targeted, relevant messages to your subscribers, leading to higher conversion rates and ROI.
- An email is a personal form of communication. When you send an email to someone, you are reaching out directly. This can help build relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Send out coupons and specials. “68% of consumers believe coupons build brand awareness and generate loyalty.”
How to use email marketing to engage customers
Email marketing can be a great way to engage customers and grow your business. Here are some tips on how to use email marketing to engage customers and grow your business:
1. Keep your emails focused and relevant.
2. Make sure your emails are mobile-friendly.
3. Use an engaging subject line.
4. Use a call-to-action.
5. Timing is everything.
6. Personalize your emails.
7. A/B test your emails.
8. Monitor your results.
9. Get creative!
How to use email marketing to increase sales
Email marketing can be a great way to increase sales for your business.
Sixty percent of consumers say they’ve purchased because of a marketing email. Compare that with the 12.5 percent of consumers who say they’d consider using the ‘buy’ button on social media, and it’s not much of a contest.
Develop a plan to interest potential customers with helpful content, resources, and tools that support them from initial interest through becoming a customer.
Here are a few tips on how to use email marketing to engage customers and grow your business:
1. Use a strong subject line. Your subject line is the first thing customers will see when receiving your email, so make sure it’s catchy and attention-grabbing.
2. Keep your message short and sweet. Customers are more likely to read and engage with a concise email and to the point.
3. Use images and videos. Adding an image or video to your email can help capture your customers’ attention and increase the chances of reading your message.
4. When creating email copy, it’s best to use a storytelling format. Your story will help you define a clear flow for the email, making content creation easier. Keep your paragraphs short to concisely describe and convince your reader, and end with a CTA that supports your goals.
Best practices for email marketing
There are a few essential rules to follow when engaging in email marketing to be successful:
- Always get permission from the recipients before sending them any emails.
- Ensure the emails you send are relevant and interesting to the recipients; otherwise, they will likely delete them.
- Always include a way for recipients to unsubscribe from your emails.
- Make sure to follow all the relevant laws and regulations regarding email marketing in your jurisdiction.
- Do not buy lists – you don’t have permission to email them. Important article to read if you don’t know these laws.
By following these simple rules, you can ensure that your email marketing campaign will be successful.
Tools for Email Marketing
- Constant Contact
- Canva for graphics
- Kreussler Insiders for images and inspiration
- Hello Bar to create a pop-up to grow subscribers
I hope this helps open your eyes to the benefits of getting your email list up and running. When change is the only constant in marketing, reaching your customers directly in their inbox can be the surest route to success.
Don’t forget to sign up for Kreussler’s quarterly email here.