Today we want to share some ideas for you to use local marketing for your dry cleaning business. There are many different ways to market your dry cleaning business: traditional advertising, Google ads, social media, email campaigns, and more. Being a local, small business means you want to reach the people closest to your dry cleaning plant or drop stores. You might want to market to different locations to increase traffic. This article will guide you through several marketing strategies for local search and social media marketing.
How to Boost your Local Marketing
Use Content to Boost Local SEO
You can add keywords on your website but the best way to rank for search is to create custom local content. Creating relevant and helpful content with local ties will bring people to your website and eventually to your location.
A few ideas for local content:
- Develop pages on your website for each drop store location.
- Use your FAQ page to shout out your local SEO keywords.
- Create a ‘local-only’ section for your coupons and specials.
- Use events to connect with your customers and help more people find you.
- Have a blog on your website. This is the best way to add fresh, relevant content. Having an active blog will help search engines
Embed a Google Map
It is simple to embed a Google Map on your website. A clickable map is an easy way to help people find your location and fit a stop to your drop store while running errands.
Embed a map or directions
- Open Google Maps.
- Go to the directions, map, or Street View image you’d like to embed.
- In the top left, click Menu.
- Click Share or embed map.
- Click Embed map.
- To the left of the text box, pick the size you want by clicking the Down arrow.
- Copy the text in the box.
It will look like this on your website:
Improve your local ranking on Google
You can improve your business’s local ranking by using Google My Business.
Learn more: How to Use Google My Business to Boost Your Content & SEO
Rock the Yelp Search Directory
Yelp for Business has loads of information to help you get started. Help people get to know your company. Manage your page and update info like hours and phone number so people can find you. Add photos to showcase the best of your business.
Get Local Reviews
Having positive reviews can help bring your business higher in search rankings. A few ways to get real reviews:
- Ask your customers at the counter
- Add review badges to your website
- Yelp-listed businesses can request a “Find Us on Yelp” sticker to promote your business and drive engagement with Yelp users. Simply fill out this form.
Create your Facebook Page as a Local Business
With millions of people on Facebook, you want your business to shine to attract people. Make sure that you have your dry cleaning business Facebook Page set as a local business.
You can learn more from Facebook Blueprint – this is free training from Facebook broken into small sections.
Connect with other local businesses as your Facebook Page to help build your online community. Become a fan of related local business pages by using Facebook as your Page and liking their Page.
To like a Page as your Page:
- Go to the Page you want to like.
- Click below the Page’s cover photo.
- Select Like As Your Page.
- Select a Page and click Submit.
Once you are a fan, you can interact with the local business Page as your Page by commenting on its updates. Your comments will show up with your Page name. Your business will get more exposure to your target audience and will hopefully lead to new local fans of your Page.
Think local when creating your social media marketing plan. This will bring more people to your shop and more money to the bottom line.
Make sure to grab the July 2020 Marketing Inspiration Guide in Members Only.