We’re all on our phones and computers more these days and it’s hard to know what social media is best to help reach your customers. You want to boost your dry cleaning business without spending money on ads since money is tight. Instagram is the place for dry cleaners to connect with their customers and community to boost their business. Maybe you’ve been posting square images to your Instagram feed but aren’t sure what else you can do to reach people.
This article has ideas to power up your profile, get started with Instagram Stories, and go behind-the-scenes to connect with your Instagram followers and customers. Let’s look at these ideas and how they can help you boost your dry cleaning business.
1. Power Up your Instagram Profile
Many businesses miss the customizable contact button. This button has the power to turn into multiple calls to action buttons, like “call,” “email” and “contact.” This gives you complete control over how your followers and prospective customers can interact with your business.
Add your phone number in your bio and tell people in your posts to click “call” in your bio. You’ll need to choose if you want it to say “contact” which would allow you to have your email address and phone number or “call,” giving customers the option to call you with one click.
If you’d like your customers or followers to have a direct “Call” button, navigate to your Instagram profile > Edit Profile > Contact Options. Then add your phone number and remove email and physical address from your contact options.
With only one form of contact listed, the Instagram contact button on your profile will now read “Call.”
2. Create Instagram Stories to share current specials and coupons
500 million people use Instagram Stories every day
In the three years since its launch, Stories has become a huge part of what makes Instagram so popular.
With half a billion people using Stories every single day, it’s clear that Stories are an important channel for brands.
Instagram Stories are content that you add to Instagram that lasts for 24 hours, and disappears unless you add it to a highlight on your profile.
The difference between an Instagram post is that you wouldn’t post more than once a day, and it stays on your profile all the time. You can post multiple Instagram Stories throughout 24 hours and tell a story with your content.
When you post a photo or video to your Story, it appears in the following places:
- On your profile: A colorful ring will appear around your profile picture, and people can tap it to see your Story. Photos and videos from your Story don’t appear on your profile grid.
- At the top of Feed: Your profile picture will appear in a row at the top of your followers’ Feeds, and they can tap it to see your Story.
- In Feed next to posts you share: When you share a post, a colorful ring will appear around your profile picture in Feed. People can tap it to see your Story.
- In Direct inbox: A colorful ring will appear around your profile picture in Direct inbox and threads, and people can tap it to see your Story.
You can add Stories to appear on your profile as highlights, even after they disappear. Highlights appear below your profile photo.
To add a story to a highlight:
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap + . If you don’t see +, tap Story Highlights.
- Tap to select the Story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add (iPhone) or Done (Android). You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by tapping and holding on the highlight and then tapping Edit Highlight.
Here’s everything you need to know about Stories. LINK
3. Show BTS at your shop
The great thing about behind-the-scenes Instagram Stories is that they don’t need to be super polished but are more what is happening now.
Ideas for behind-the-scenes posts:
- clothes going through the cleaning process
- cool pieces that came into the shop
- friendly counter staff
- the conveyer belt spinning
- talk about your contact-less pick-up
- before and after reveals
- Share why you use sustainable products [Kreussler wet cleaning and SYSTEMK4]
Get new ideas monthly from our monthly inspiration guide for clients in the marketing materials. Create example posts using January images. Here are a few ideas for your captions or image text:
- There’s snow business like snow business.
- Brrr. The temperature can only go up from here.
- Every day I’m shovelin’.
- Wake me up when it’s summer.
- Hibernation mode: On.
- I can’t get out of bed on days when the temperature is less than my age.
- It’s colder than my soul outside.
- If you need me, I’ll be inside until April.
- Dreaming of iced coffee weather …
- Snow much fun.
We hope this gave you some ideas to update and work on your Instagram account and bring in some new business. You can find us at @KreusslerInc on Instagram; please say hello! We’d love to connect with you.